Monday 30 March 2015

Sorry been AWOL.....

So its been a few weeks since my last post and this I because I have not been feeling my ‘rosy’ self! I have been having a few complications and issues to deal with but I think I am out the other side (fingers crossed)! I don't want any negative posts on my blog this is supposed to be a supportive place!

I want to bring in my heart issues, after I had my daughter in 2011 I decide to try and loose the baby weight and feel good and healthy, I joined the gym, slowly started loosing weight and everything was going OK, until one day I started getting pains whilst listening to some trashy music on the treadmill! I called the doctor who referred me for tests. I then noticed it more and more, when I was swimming walking and even lying down!

My letter came through from the hospital and I was booked in for a stress test, this could have been carried out at home on any given day. I turned up with my joggers and trainers on hoping not to make a fool of myself. I managed the first round and a half on the treadmill before the pain erupted and I felt like I was being strangled. I was immediately told to sit down, the nurse urgently scrambled for the consultant and within 10 Mr Consultant had arrived.

I had to undergo an angiogram which I would like to add is possibly the third most uncomfortable procedure I have had to endure. The results showed I had a narrowing of my left ventricular aorta, this is the main one that feeds the body! I had to then wait a further 8 weeks for a stent to be fitted!

The morning of the operation arrived and I was extremely anxious, I really didn’t know what was going to happen, the consultant took one look at me and asked the nurse to give me plenty of surgical ‘Gin & Tonic’.

Wheeled into the theater I was expecting to start counting down to sleep, a deep sleep and then wake to find it had all been done, WRONG!!! I was awake through the whole procedure. When finally the surgeon said all done I felt as if I had been in there for hours!

The consultant came to see me after about an hour in recovery handed me a picture and said ‘What a lucky lady! I have just opened a artery with a 98% blockage and here is the proof!’ (See picture).



I am now 3 years down the line and its unbelievable what can cause you chest pains, and the biggest cause I think is stress, I have eliminated 2 main areas which I feel have added to me being unwell for the last 6 months and I am beginning to feel better.

I am going to give myself two weeks and then I am going into pure focus mode.



Healthy eating + Exercise = Happiness

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please say Hi!